Graham crackers are a beloved treat by kids and adults alike. Those following a gluten-free diet can also enjoy graham crackers with this homemade gluten-free recipe.
Gluten-Free Graham Crackers Recipe
Yields about 15 crackers
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl or mixer, combine the flour, cornstarch or arrowroot, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and stir in the sugar, maple syrup, butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Slowly beat the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
- Mix until a dough ball forms. If the dough is sticking to the bowl, add one tablespoon of flour until the dough no longer sticks.
- Transfer the dough ball to a lightly floured surface and roll out until 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a long knife or cookie cutter, cut the dough into 2x4 inch rectangles.
- Use a spatula to place squares on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
These graham crackers are great for those following a gluten-free diet.
- You can substitute any gluten-free flour, such as almond flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour, for the coconut flour.
- These crackers will harden as they cool to be more like traditional graham crackers.
- Store them in either the refrigerator or a cookie tin.
Graham Crackers for Everyone
Although delicious, gluten-free graham crackers may differ from traditional graham crackers in a few ways. The taste of these crackers is very similar, however the flavor could change slightly depending on flour used. Additionally, the texture of these crackers may not be quite as crispy as normal graham crackers and may be a little drier. However, these graham crackers are an excellent treat for anyone who needs to follow a gluten-free diet.