Ingredients for Gluten Free Sloppy Joe Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, crumbling as you cook, until it is browned, about five minutes.
- Remove the ground beef from the fat in the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the onions and green peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about five minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, and salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Return the ground beef to the pan. Cook, stirring for five minutes.
Your grocer's freezer likely has a selection of gluten-free hamburger buns you can use. Alternatively, you can put the sloppy Joe mix in a lettuce cup or serve it in a bowl topped with a cabbage slaw.