Ingredients for Gluten Free Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 cup crushed Annie's Saltine Classics
- 1 cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs or chocolate gluten-free chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup butter
Ice Cream Filling
- 1 package JELL-O instant vanilla pudding
- 1 package JELL-O instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 quart Breyer's Vanilla gluten-free ice cream
- Chopped nuts and chocolate syrup for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine saltine crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, coconut oil, and butter, then mix.
- Pour crust mix into pan, pack down, and bake for 7 minutes.
- Let crust cool until room temperature.
- In a large bowl, blend half of the milk, chocolate pudding, and half of the ice cream together.
- Pour mixture on top of cooled crust.
- Cover and cool until thickened, about 3 hours.
- In a large bowl, blend half of the milk, vanilla pudding, and half of the ice cream together.
- Pour mixture on top of vanilla layer. (Don't worry if some of the chocolate mixes in with the vanilla; this will just enhance the look of the finished cake.)
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- Take the cake out of the freezer approximately 15 minutes before serving.
- Cut cake slices and top with chocolate syrup and chopped nuts if desired.
There are several ways you can vary and customize this simple recipe.
- To add variety, this cake can be topped with whipped cream, chocolate chips, or gluten-free sprinkles or candy pieces.
- Change the pudding flavors to match the cake to the occasion. For example, use pumpkin and French vanilla pudding flavors for a fall party, or strawberry and banana cream for a summer treat.
- Instead of nuts, add cherries and drizzle chocolate syrup over the top of the cake for a sweet, decorative finish.