If you need some great appetizers to share with your guests, you can easily accomplish this by using naturally gluten-free ingredients. You can please everyone without having to worry about your dietary restrictions getting in the way. Start with these fast, easy and delicious appetizers.
You don't have to give up the chips and dips table when you transition to gluten-free eating. This delicious and tangy dip can be served with gluten-free crackers and no one will even notice.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 dill pickle spears, diced
- 6 ounces gluten-free deli ham, diced
- Black pepper
- Place the cream cheese in a medium bowl and mash it gently with a fork.
- Add the pickles and ham and stir well to combine.
- Season the dip with black pepper and stir again.
Serves: 8 to 10
Everyone loves a crunchy snack when they mingle at a party. Because going gluten-free means eliminating many of those crunchy treats, like pita chips, crackers and toasted bread, you'll need something you can serve in place of them. This recipe makes a great alternative and has a lot of health benefits as well. Everyone will be coming back for more of this addictive crunchy appetizer.
- 2 large cans chickpeas, drained
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the drained chickpeas in a bowl.
- Add the seasonings and toss to coat the chickpeas evenly.
- Spread the chickpeas in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Spritz the chickpeas with the cooking spray.
- Bake until golden and crispy, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Chicken and Corn Quesadillas
Quesadilla wedges are a crowd pleaser and you can't go wrong by serving them at your party. The trick is to stay away from flour tortillas, which are not safe on a gluten-free meal plan. Fortunately, you can substitute corn tortillas for an appetizer that tastes great and is satisfying at the same time.
- 16 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- Salsa, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay 8 tortillas out on your workspace.
- Divide the cheese, corn and chicken among them.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top each with another tortilla.
- Transfer the quesadillas to the oven and bake until cheese melts, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Serve with salsa.
Serves: 8 to 10
Navigating the social scene when you have dietary restrictions can be tough, but having some quick and easy appetizer recipes on hand ensures that you have choices when it's time to eat. Serve these at your next party or take them with you to an event. You can enjoy your time without concern that you'll leave feeling sick. With time and practice, gluten-free eating gets easier and you'll be better able to recognize safe appetizers.